Due to the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we now need your explicit consent before we can contact you.
At Speedwell we take your data privacy very seriously and as such have a Data Privacy Statement that details how we use, store and share your data. We only use your data to administer your account and to provide the products and services that you have requested from us.
We may share your data with carefully selected 3rd parties to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle, such as the vehicle manufacturer. For a full list please see terms below. We explicitly do not sell your personal information onto 3rd parties.
Under the regulations you have the right to request copies of your data as well as rectification, erasure, object to the use of or restrict the use of your data and where our systems allow, to request electronic access to copies of your data in digital format.
We are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our customers and website visitors.
Data we collect and store.
- Your First Name and Surname, including your preferred Title.
- Date Of Birth.
- Your Home Address details.
- Telephone Number & Mobile Number (if given).
- Email Address.
- Vehicle Make, Model and Registration(If given).
- Your preferred Speedwell Branch.
- How you heard about us.
- Optin Details.
- Internet Protocol Address (when you confirm your details via email). Note: All web servers, regardless are configured by default to collect data regarding your browser, date of visit and current IP Address which are stored at server level within internal access logs for security purposes.
- Web browser details.
- Date and time of signup.
- If documents are handed over with a part exchange or a vehicle brought into stock from elsewhere we will keep these documents with the vehicle to help evidence the history of the vehicle. This is a legitimate interest not only for us and any new owner but for the wider market in regard to fraud prevention and safety.
Use of Data
- When you sign up to our consent form, all data is sent via an encrypted protocol where we will store your data securely on our database.
- If signing up via the android app installed on both of our tablets, rest assured autocomplete is switched off, on the tablet and within this website code, meaning your details are not stored at all on any device, mobile or not. Also predictive text is switched off entirely on our tablets. This is important as the tablet is used by many customers during a vehicle sale or service visit.
- Important calls and SMS messages may be made to let you know if there is a problem with your vehicle or to let you know your car is ready to be collected.
- We will only send you information you have opted into, and only if you have expressed permission.
- We do not sell user data to third parties.
- We will send you regular newsletters, information about our events and special offers if you have opted into marketing offers.
- We gather information regarding how you've heard about us to better improve our marketing strategy. e.g. We will use this information to get a better idea which marketing platform works well and which one dosen't.
- We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletters and other marketing offers.
- From your data we may run reports to analyse trends e.g. For example we might generate a report to differentiate which age groups and gender are likely to buy certain types of vehicles to better improve our marketing offers. That is one of the only reasons we ask for your date of birth. (which is optional)
- From your web browser details we can run reports to differentiate which users prefer using a mobile web browser vs a desktop computer web browser to better improve our marketing offers and newsletters toward mobile users.
- By providing your personal data, you agree to the storing and processing of your data.
- After subscribing, you will receive a copy of your data we store. If you have an email address, you can request the latest copy of your details at any time by visiting this link. You can also change your optin preferences after subscribing, you will receive an email from us, within this email, there is a link to change your contact preferences. You may contact us to request having your data changed or removed entirely at any time.
In running and maintaining the website we may collect and process the following data about you, this includes Information about your use of the site, including details of your visits, including pages viewed and the resources you access. This information includes traffic data and other communication data.
We use Google Analytics cookies to gather this information to assist in improving the website experience for you. They are used for statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites.
We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
We may gather information about your general internet use from use of the cookie.
Where used, these Analytics cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer's hard drive. This information will not identify you personally.
Terms Selected third parties where applicable, include Honda UK, Kia Motors, Motability, Autotrader, Autoglym, Honda Finance, Honda Care, Kia Finance, WMS Warranty Group, Black Horse, Dealerweb, ETL Solutions, Auto Connect, CDK Global and other carefully selected partners we work with.